ALEXANDRIA, VA — A 7 days-very long celebration of all issues involving cocktails will return for a 2nd yr to Old City Alexandria. Previous City Enterprises will host the Outdated City Cocktail Week from Sept. 10 to 19.
Collaborating dining establishments all around Aged Town will maintain the 10-working day festivities to celebrate the expanding cocktail neighborhood. Along with innovative libations supplied at taking part restaurants, Alexandria’s boutiques, historic web sites and other destinations will join in with exclusive gatherings.
Aged City Cocktail 7 days will kick off with Artwork on the Rocks, hosted by The Artwork League at the Torpedo Manufacturing unit Artwork Centre on Sept. 10 at Waterfront Park. The 7 days will end with a Fulfill the Makers Tasting Occasion at Market Sq. on Sept. 19. All functions will be ticketed or demand reservations for well being and security explanations.
Under are facts for the Outdated City Cocktail Week events and participating dining places. For tickets and more details, go to www.oldtownbusiness.org/previous-city-cocktail.
Art on the Rocks at Waterfront Park: Friday, Sept. 10, 5 p.m. to 8 p.m.
The official kickoff to Previous Town Cocktail week problems neighborhood mixologists and cooks to each individual create the most artistic cocktail and appetizer pairing, motivated by a piece of artwork by a nearby Art League artist. The function is a fundraiser for the community arts local community even though spotlighting nearby bar places to eat. Ticketed attendees can sample the pairings and vote for their most loved through the occasion. A panel of experts will crown the winners of the most imaginative cocktail, appetizer and artwork pairing, and announce the group preferred.
Wellness Weekends During Previous Town Cocktail 7 days on the Water with Barre3, co-Hosted by EYA – Robinson Landing: Sept. 11, 12, 18, 19, class situations at 9 a.m. and 10 a.m.
Delight in a work out Barre3 encompassing 45 minutes of toughness conditioning, cardio and mindfulness with postures and movements that can be tailored for anyone. Bring a yoga mat and an optional set of handheld weights. Giveaways and mocktails will adhere to just about every class. Registration and a course cost are expected.
Appear Aboard Tall Ship Providence with Captain Gregory’s: Sunday, Sept. 12, 12:30 p.m. to 2:30 p.m. and 3 p.m. to 5 p.m.
Master about seaside society and the historical past of rum aboard Tall Ship Providence. Get pleasure from tasting and amusement from Captain Gregory’s.
Yappy Hour at King & Rye, Passionately Animals, and the Animal Welfare League: Monday, Sept. 13, 5:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.
Convey your canine to King & Rye to enjoy tunes in the out of doors Cocktail Back garden as company drink and dine. Local pet boutique Passionately Pets will pop up to get your pup a cocktail-themed toy.
Cocktail Seminars: Sept. 13 to 16
- Sept. 13: The Art of Generating a Margarita at Chop Shop Taco – The Margarita has tested to be the most popular cocktail in the globe, and for great rationale. Be part of to working experience each expression of tequila with spirits pro McGarrit Franco of Pernod Ricard. Find out about each and every tequila, the historical past of The Margarita, the great importance of citrus and fresh new-squeezed juices and how to recreate them at property.
- Sept. 14: Check out the Entire world of Tiki Cocktails at Chadwicks – There could be a couple of factors that come to head when you imagine tiki: coconuts, bamboo, tropical flavors, rum — but there is a rich history to be discovered. Pay a visit to Chadwicks to experience the flavors of Tiki and why contemporary tradition carries on to really like it.
- Sept. 15: Classy Evening with Manhattan at Bastille – Opposite to the popularized phrase, this common cocktail is stirred—not shaken. Study about the critical particulars in crafting a Manhattan at home by means of variants of the cocktail from our Catoctin spirit specialist. Become familiar with fortified wines, amaro and bitters to step up mixing self confidence. The menu will come from Jon Schott of King’s Ransom and Jacob Sunny of Bastille Brasserie & Bar.
- Sept. 16: The Long and Winding Historical past of the Outdated Trend Cocktail at Virtue Feed & Grain – With the steerage of a Beam Suntory spirits professional, encounter the intricacies and dissimilarities of 4 versions of the Aged Fashioned cocktail using unique spirits in each individual. Discover about its evolution through heritage and how to recreate your most loved recipe at dwelling.
Movie Night on King Road, offered by Jack Taylor Toyota: Friday, Sept. 17: “Cocktail” starring Tom Cruise, Saturday, Sept. 18: “Casablanca” starring Humphrey Bogart
Get pleasure from two vintage flicks although savoring drinks and pop-up bites for sale by Bittersweet Catering on web site. Deliver your very own chairs or blanket. Canine are not permitted. Reservations are needed. Outside food items and beverages are not permitted. The flicks will be held in the parking great deal at 910 King Road.
Meet the Makers at Marketplace Square: Sunday, Sept. 19, 2 p.m. to 5 p.m.
Celebrate Virginia Spirits Month and Bourbon Heritage Thirty day period as Previous Town closes out cocktail week. 8 different spirit makers will be at Marketplace Square for the neighborhood to get pleasure from having to know the professionals with their favored flavors. At each individual booth, friends will have a likelihood to listen to from the makers about the spirit they have brought to flavor and how it mixes in a properly-crafted cocktail. Smaller bites will be furnished by Bittersweet Catering with the order of a ticket. Taking part distilleries will be Catoctin Creek, KO Distilling, Cirrus, Filibuster, Tarnished Truth, Smooth Ambler Spirits, Several Spirits and Maker’s Mark.
Collaborating restaurants in Old City Cocktail Week
- Augie’s Mussel Home and Beer Garden
- Blackwall Hitch
- Cafe 44
- Captain Gregory’s
- Chop Shop Taco
- Daniel O’Connell’s Irish Cafe and Pub
- Fish Market place
- Really hard Periods Cafe
- Hello-Tide Lounge
- King & Rye
- Kings Ransom
- The Mild Horse
- The Majestic
- Murphy’s Irish Pub
- Tequila & Taco
- The People’s Drug
- Theismann’s Cafe
- Union Avenue Community Home
- Village Brauhaus
- Virtue Feed & Grain
- The Warehouse
- Whiskey & Oyster